The “Hydra– U2 – U6300 Charging IC/USB IC chip” This chip is easily burned out due to unprotected voltage fluctuations common to use of non-Apple chargers (especially car chargers). This is a common fault and is widespread, we will see devices that show one or more of these symptoms:
Symptoms of iPhone 8/ 8 Plus Charging IC failure:
- Fake charging
- No charger detect Inability to charge a stone dead battery, but can charge a partially charged battery
- Very rapid battery drain
- Heat at Hydra/U2 / Charging IC chip.(1612A1)
- Auto power on at battery reconnect
- Inability to restore due to dropped USB connection
- Some subset of ‘blue screen’ problems in iPhone 5s and possibly mini retina
What does this service include?
- Board level repair replacement IC
- 2-month Warranty on the repair
What doesn’t this include?
- Shipping to us
- Return Shipping
- Any other Repairs or Parts
It has been proven that non-OEM / non-original chargers cause this issue.
Follow the below instructions to send a device to us.
1. Contact us and we can give you a quote for whatever problem you are experiencing. For a quote, go to Contact US and fill out the request- We will reply within 24 business hours.
3. Send this form with your device to the below address. Be sure to send it with a service that requires a signature so to avoid any issues with us not receiving the device. Royal Mail “Special Delivery” or “1st or 2nd Class Signed For” is a good option.
4. Make sure to have backed up and saved your device data (if possible).
5. Once we receive your device we will enter all your details into our system. This will generate an order number that you will receive by e-mail. You can then track your order by entering your order number on the ORDER TRACKING page of the website. ( TRACKING System is under Construction)
6. Non-board level repair normally takes 1-2 days. Board level micro soldering repairs can take approximately 1-4 weeks depending on how busy we are.
8. Once the repair is completed and payment received your device will be shipped.
9. If We can’t fix Your device do You have to pay for anything?
- No Fix = No Fee Policy. (For more info please Read the Repair Form)
We reserve the right to decline any device that we feel is not suitable for repair i.e. device has extensive damage, water damage or previous repair attempts have been made. We only test and guarantees our workmanship for 2 months and nothing else. Please note that if there is any other preexisting faults found on the device after the repair we will not be responsible for that and will still charge you for the original repair.
Note: Alternatively if you are local we offer a FREE pickup and drop service. Just phone +44-1642688858 to arrange a convenient time for collection. You can even drop it off yourself at our address listed HERE.