What causes the PS4 Slim HDMI port fault?
The most common reason we hear is that the PS4 has been dropped or knocked while plugged in. This causes the HDMI cable to yank out and physically damage the port. It can also happen while plugging in the cable. The ports are quite delicate so if the HDMI cable isn’t plugged in carefully to the PS4 Slim it can cause damage.
If the port doesn’t look damaged, there is another part of the motherboard that could have failed. Click Here to view the PS4 HDMI Controller IC Chip Replacement
How do we repair the PS4 Slim?
To repair this fault we need to carefully strip the console down to the motherboard. From there we desolder the old HDMI port. The port is attached by 4 main holding legs that are through-hole soldered and the HDMI data pins are surface mounted so it is a delicate job. Once the old port is removed, the solder pads of the logic board are inspected for damage. If the original port is really badly yanked, this can cause damage to the motherboard and in some circumstances could be beyond repair (although that is very rarely the case).
Once we have cleaned up the board and prepped the solder pads for the new port, we solder the new HDMI port to the PS4 Slim. We reassemble the console and it goes down to our testing bench where all consoles are tested for at least 4 hours.
What does this service include?
- Board level HDMI port replacement repair
- 2-month Warranty on this repair
What doesn’t this include?
- Shipping to us
- Any other Repairs or Parts
- Return Shipping
Your PS4 Slim will be shipped back to you within 3-7 Working days on receiving the device, excluding weekends and holidays. We pay return shipping via first class signed for mail to you.
Follow the below instructions to send a device to us.
1. Contact us and we can give you a quote for whatever problem you are experiencing. For a quote, go to Contact US and fill out the request- We will reply within 24 business hours.
3. Send this form with your device to the below address. Be sure to send it with a service that requires a signature so to avoid any issues with us not receiving the device. Royal Mail “Special Delivery” or “1st or 2nd Class Signed For” is a good option.
4. Make sure to have backed up and saved your device data (if possible).
5. Once we receive your device we will enter all your details into our system. This will generate an order number that you will receive by e-mail. You can then track your order by entering your order number on the ORDER TRACKING page of the website. ( TRACKING System is under Construction)
6. Non-board level repair normally takes 1-2 days. Board level micro soldering repairs can take approximately 1-4 weeks depending on how busy we are.
8. Once the repair is completed and payment received your device will be shipped.
9. If We can’t fix Your device do You have to pay for anything?
- No Fix = No Fee Policy. (For more info please Read the Repair Form)
We reserve the right to decline any device that we feel is not suitable for repair i.e. device has extensive damage, water damage or previous repair attempts have been made. We only test and guarantees our workmanship for 2 months and nothing else. Please note that if there is any other preexisting faults found on the device after the repair we will not be responsible for that and will still charge you for the original repair.
Note: Alternatively if you are local we offer a FREE pickup and drop service. Just phone +44-1642688858 to arrange a convenient time for collection. You can even drop it off yourself at our address listed HERE.